Sunday, November 12, 2006

Impossible

It's impossible. I give up!
I had previously never started a piece of French coursework before about 10pm the night before it was due in. I thought that I would try and buck this trend by writing the 600 word comparison of 2 newspaper articles today (today is Saturday, it's due in on Tuesday morning at 9). It's now after 2 in the morning and I've only managed 278 words.
I must stress that this isn't because it's difficult and I've spent the entire day researching and racking my brains trying to work out what to write. Oh no! It's just soooo mind numbingly dull and tedious that I've managed to procrastinate most of the day away into oblivion. I feel so uninspired to write anything that I've decided to leave the rest until Monday night. I even have notes so it shouldn't be too difficult. I'm just counting on the fact that I will have no choice about doing it then will mean that I will have sufficient motivation to put fingers to keyboard and type out some gibberish.
This wasted day has taught me to stick to tried and tested methods. Perhaps this is a lesson that I should not try to change life habits and get work done early.

No comments: